About the Writers

Thursday, October 17, 2013

#ThoughtfulThursday


You're three weeks into the new school year, the idea of new school supplies, fresh faces and a new schedule is gradually losing its novelty. I don't know about you but after this phase wears off, I usually hit hermit mode. School drags on, people seem to annoy me for no reason, and at the end of the day I just want to go home to my Netflix account and a cup of Chai tea. Though this has been the routine I've been following every quarter, I've decided to do things a little different for my senior year in university. After experiencing the passing of one of my closest friends this summer, I remembered instantly Plato's famous quote "Be kind for everyone is fighting a hard battle". It's so easy to get wrapped up into your own lives with deadlines, appointments, etc. that sometimes you can forget about the other people who are also facing their share of struggles. Therefore, I've given myself somewhat a challenge to be more positive everyday because I'm sure a little positivity can go a long way in both my own life and in others'. Sometimes I forget that it's the little things that move you forward. Even if it's just saying "hello" to people on campus, or putting effort into fixing my work space, every positive action has made me feel more fulfilled and in turn has made my days brighter! The results haven't been mind-blowing or "life-changing" but it has definitely had amazing results. This change in attitude brought in new friends into my life, brought me closer to the friends I already have, and has overall made me a happier person.  I encourage you guys to take the challenge with me to fight the mid-quarter slump! Happy Thursday, QTs!

XOXO,
QT Nicole

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...