About the Writers

Thursday, October 10, 2013

My Bucket List

QT Joanne here. I always had a mental bucket list, I finally got the opportunity to write it down.

Here's 20 things on my Bucket List :) in no particular order. 

1.) Visit Iceland, see the Northern nights and experience the hot tubs.



         2.)   Be Fluent in Korean
I'm Korean American, and I'm proud. I should have done this sooner but I really want to stay true to my culture and be able to speak to my elders. 
           3 .) Mardi Gras in New Orleans
 I think it would this would be so much fun! plus I get to eat authetic jambalaya and gumbo!
      4.) Pyrimids in Egpyt
Something ancient that should be admire. A reminder that there were people on this earth who did amazing acts before I even arrive on the planet.
      5.) Zip-lining in the Rainforest
The Rainforest are dying. When you zip line, you get an entire different view, you get to appreciate nature and an adrenaline rush.


     6.) Support my Parents when they retire.  Buy my Parents a house
My parents have done so much for me. They have been so selfless and loving that when they grow older, I want to give them the love and care that they gave to me in return.
     7.) Float in the Dead Sea
                                             The Dead Sea is diminishing. To be able to float in a body of water would be so cool! 

           8.) Get Scuba Diving License. Scuba Dive in the Great Barrier Reef 
  I want to get my Scuba Diving license to explore the ocean to help it become a more livable a place for organisms.   So many varieties of fishes and species that make you appreciate nature even more. 
   
        9.)  Lakers Game
One day...I will see the Lakers in action.

        10.) Make a Difference and Leave a Legacy
Whatever you do will be insignificant, but it is very important that you do it.-Mahatma Gandhi. This quote strikes me pretty hard. I might not be able to make the biggest difference, but if one smile can help a person decide not to end their life that day, my job would be complete for just that day, of course. I still want to have a statue or get a sandwich name after me so I won’t be forgotten. I just want to be remembered
      11.) Adopt a dog or cat
If I ever get a pet, I want to love and nurture a dog that comes from the shelter. There’s plenty of dogs and cats that need a home.
     12.) Random acts of Kindness
 Pay it forward.  This is more of continuous act. It will probably always be on my bucket list. I watched a happiness documentary that state that random acts of kindness make you feel happier. When you’re happier you live longer.
          13.) Help my parent’s business become successful!
;)
              14.) Get married to someone I love and stay married for the rest of my life.
 I want to make sure the person I marry is someone I love unconditionally.

         15.) Carnival in Brazil
I want to explore different culture, something other than what I’m use to. Carnival seems like a beautiful colorful place to be at.

      16.) Graduate from College
                        I'm on my 4th year of University, so close but so far.
      17.)  Cross-Country Road Trip
 Travel across America  in a car with my friend starting from the west coast all the way to the east coast. Take the 10 freeway!
      18.) Visit All 50 States
The United States is so vast and different, even in one state over, even if we have the same language, the culture can be unique. While I like traveling out of the country, I would also like to get to know more about my home nation.          

19.) Journey to Mecca and Pray
Even though I was born Catholic, I want to experience how different people practice their religion and see what it’s like in their eyes. I want to experience as many cultures and world views as I can.
     20.) Do a triathlon

I’ve done a marathon on my 18th birthday. Till this day, I can’t believe I manage to complete 26.3 miles. I want to push myself to reach higher goals




Comment below with an item on your bucket list!
source source source source source source source



xoxo,
QT JOANNE 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...