About the Writers

Thursday, October 3, 2013

#DIY #RAIDERS



SPORTS FASHION: 

PROJECT RAIDERS

DO IT YOURSELF LAZER BACK MUSCLE TEE



Hey guys! Happy Thursday! QT Mariel here. Thursdays have always been my favorite day of the week. It's that sense of making it more than halfway through the work week, and the fact that the weekend is only a day away! 

Today is my first day back to work. From Saturday night to Wednesday, I embarked on a little mini trip for myself to the Bay Area. I explored San Francisco, did a few business out in Sacramento for Q, visited QT Joanne out in Davis, and went to my first Raiders football game!

First off, I am a complete Zumba junkie! Zumba is a Latin inspired dance workout that is full of high-energy and is just SO much fun! I've been attending classes for the last 3 years, and have assisted many of my favorite instructors in workshops, masterclasses, and fundraising events.  

But last Sunday I got invited to perform at the Zumba halftime show at the Oakland Raiders game with 400 other Zumba instructors and students from across California! It's really not a big deal...just 400 Zumba crazies having fun on the field during half time!

Check out how I was festive sporting the home team by transforming a plain T-Shirt to a cute lazer back cut muscle tank! 
See below for DIY instructions!

To see the performance: check out this link!

I couldn't get very many pictures on the field since security was strict about it. But below are some photos from the day!
Oakland O.Co Arena
Before game tail-gate parties! 
Photo Credits: Raiders.com 

Watched the game with my high school buddy & die-hard Raiders fan, Charlie. 

QTs Joanne & Mariel with Charlie. PHS Class of 2010 friends reunited at the game!

DIY: Lazer back cut muscle tank 


We got to wear our own Zumba inspired outfit, so I decided to make a DIY zumba lazer back cut muscle tee. 
 1. Front View. 
2 Side View. 
3. Back view: Lazer back cut. 

Check out how!

Bought a plain Nike Raiders tee for $24.99, 2 sizes larger than my
 normal size so that it could be a loose muscle tee. 
Measured about 2 inches from the sleeves seam line and drew a mark. Point A
(this is where I'll start to cut)
                                     
Measured about 4 inches down from the seam line and made a mark as the end point. Point B. 
                                   
Drew a curved line from Point A to Point B. 

Repeat for both sides. Cut. 


Cut the bottom to whatever length feels right for you!

Make sure to stretch everything you cut so that the material folds in and eliminates any rugged, uneven cuts. 
Added a little touch by cutting the sides. Refer back to picture 2 above.
                                   
Then tying it together to form a knot. Used extra fabric to emphasize the knot.
LAZER BACK 
Evenly measure where you want the lines in the back.
 Make a whole. Cut in a a line. 


Use the extra fabric to the bottom end of one line to the top end of the other,. 

The end! Refer back to pictures above! 


Look out for more Q Adventures and DIY projects to come!


XOXO,
QT MARIEL 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...