About the Writers

Monday, October 7, 2013

Monday "GRIND"

Goodmorning! Hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. I sure did! This was the first weekend since May that I got to stay home and do absolutely nothing! Just went to the gym, spent time with family, cooked, and watched the preseason of Lakers basketball and Sunday NFL football! I also got to catch up on a lot of reading. I love being busy and all....but this weekend was absolutely ideal! 

Back to another work week! Back on that Monday "Grind". Everyone seems to use the word "grind" nowadays and for some reason I felt like it was appropriate. According to urbandictionary, grind is
1. Your hustle
2. Good work ethic, doing what you do.
3. A word used in any MMO representing the repetitive actions taken in order to make the character stronger. The grind is also a substitute for normal life functions. Sleeping, eating, drinking and being social are not important, when it comes to grinding.

  So I guess that means I am back on that fashion "grind". Sometimes I really do feel like I'm on Gossip Girl...just in LA.  My morning so far consisted of  the usual: making clothing sample deliveries and pickups for my company at a fashion showroom at the California Market Center (I divide my days between working at Q and another fashion company that shall remain a secret for now!).
 All fashion lovers MUST pay a visit to the Market Center in Downtown. It's a great place to go during their monthly sample sales where you could get AMAZING deals at wholesale price. This huge, convention spaced 13 story building has everything from local goods to top name brands. It really is a hidden gem in Downtown for fashionistas and shopaholics! Usually they hold big fashion events and exhibits on the bottom floor. Just check out their website for upcoming events! Great deals...high fashion! 
Link
  

 Here's my #OOTD

Fashion samples in my suitcase. Wearing Q pleather top, IJOAH tribal pencial skirt,
 & long ruby cardigan I bought at Goodwill (I love thrift shopping!)

just one of the hallways of showrooms on the 7th floor of the California Market Center.


Be ready for another week of Q blogposts and pics! We truly are growing each day. Thanks for all the support!


XOXO,
QT Mariel 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...