About the Writers

Tuesday, September 17, 2013

QT files: Joanne K.

Style Blogger. Tree Hugger. "Boss". 


Our style blogger, Joanne,  is THE BOSS! She is the pro-active "boss" because she is the main founder of the Q blog and created the perfect team to get things rolling. There really isn't anyone better to manage such a darling group of passionate bloggers who are more excited to serve our fans and the fashion community! Joanne is a fourth year college student, majoring in environmental science. Yes, she's an advocate of living green and loves to re-use and recycle. She is a major fan of thrift shopping and making clothes herself! She's been exposed to the fashion industry from a very young age, as her parents are highly involved in the wholesale and retail business.

 Joanne has the most absolutely charming personality! When you're around her, you can't help but smile. She may be on the quiet side, but she holds a strong comforting presence...whether it's from the contagious happy and positive aura she gives off, or it's being such a naturally good listener... Joanne is someone you want around! Her humble nature is another reason why she is so respected at Q! 


Here's what Joanne has to say for herself,

I would call my style "California Casual and Simply relaxed." I'm the kind of girl you see wearing casual t-shirts, shorts, dresses and sandals and if the weather permits, I'd wear it all the time! Truth be told, I absolutely despise pants.You might say I have a carefree attitude as long as what I'm wearing is comfortable and functional. I love bold prints and daring cutouts in dresses. The dress I'm wearing in the picture above is thrifted (I LOVE THRIFT SHOPPING!). It has tiny unicorn and cats on a space background. I'm definitely a believer of the wearing clothes that expresses the wearer's personality. People often tell me that this dress shown above definitely embodies my personality as it is quirky, bold and fun.  

Q Outfits
This dress has a sweetheart neck line and is perfect for fun Valentine's date (even though it's a couple months away). I always carry hair ties around my wrists just in case I need to tie my hair to get some serious marketing work done. 


 
               Anchors Away!
You can never go wrong with black and white. I love wearing stripes and big cardigans. The thin black and white stripes give off an optical illusion. Big cardigans are comfy and can be worn on those cool summer nights that turn into chilly Fall days. Together they combine to make a nautical striped look.
Check out the Criss-cross cut in the back. It shows the right amount of skin in the right places. 
Style Tip: Show Skin Strategically! Jen Rade, stylish to Jenna Fischer and Angelina Jolie says 
"If it's cleavage, don't show your legs. If it's your legs, stay covered on top." 
Choose one body part to show off. Showing the back is a unexpected twist. 

QT, Joanne K.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...