About the Writers

Monday, September 9, 2013

QT Files: Jessica P.

Blog Designer. Graphic Designer. "Night Owl."

QT Jessica is our graphic designer. Any blog banners or social media flyers you may see, she's probably the one behind it!  She's beyond excited to be helping out in Q's expansion using her passion for design, as well as fashion.

Much of her fashion sense is inspired by other artists who surround her & inspire her to express her overall simplicity & "awkward" (as she likes to say) personality! You'll almost never see her walk out of her house without one of her favorite oversized cardigans, & they're quite often thrown on top of a little dress or a simple top with shorts or skinny jeans. With fashion aside, she's identified herself as a night owl from the moment her parents told her she was one since birth. Late nights designing with mugs of tea by her side are what she lives for. In her words, she eats, breathes, & lives design as much as she can by constantly finding inspiration in the graphic design world that surrounds her; typography, branding & logo treatments, posters, advertising...name it. Her dream is to grow as a designer & eventually move to San Francisco to work for Pixar Studios. Besides her freelance work here at Q, she currently works for two graphic design studios that will hopefully push her closer to her dreams! Go Jessica!

Jessica hard at work rocking a simple floral dress, chambray shirt,
& her favorite mint Oxford shoes. Gotta make sure to dress work-appropriate!

Here's what she has to say about herself:
"Simple, trendy, & comfortable. Definitely the way to go for little old me. Enough to blend in like a normal person, but dressed enough to feel cute. I've never been bold enough to make myself stand out because attention has always frazzled me, but as a designer I do like to express myself through fashion. Fashion is almost like design. You need to figure out how to put different pieces together to create something entirely new as a whole. One of my favorite things to do is thrift shop & make pieces that you wouldn't think would work into something pretty awesome. I have an obsession with oversized cardigans, flannels, sweaters, you name it. Floral patterns, collared tops, mint & coral color schemes, cute sandals, & oxford shoes are always an "A" in my book. Growing up I have to admit, my fashion sense was pretty terrible. I was used to dressing up in hand-me-downs, but I didn't know how to make it work. & if I did go out to buy clothes, I definitely wouldn't choose the right pieces. As I grew older I learned to use what I already had & not care what people thought, which inspired me to start thrifting & shopping for more basics & unique pieces. Seems simple enough, right? My clothes range from a variety of styles. Whatever my mood is that day, that's what I'll put on. Fashion is what you make of it."


Jessica's Q Outfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...